Looking to Brighter Days Ahead

It's been a long year. I am glad 2021 is gone and looking forward to 2022. Over the past year, I have had ample time to ponder, weigh decisions, and think about what I really want out of life. What I thought was important, isn't so much anymore.

In one month, I will be leaving my job of 11 years. I want to get back into my writing and out of healthcare. Writing is where my love is. I plan on teaching classes via Zoom, starting a YouTube channel, and writing books and articles on topics that interest me. I also plan on contributing more to this blog. I know I always say that and then distractions happen. However now, with me being able to focus on nothing but my writing, that will change. 

I also plan on eating better and losing all the weight I have gained in the last three years. But I digress.

When I started working in healthcare all those years ago, I had planned on only working part-time. A degree, certification, and all these years later, I have become disillusioned. There are some nurses and doctors who care, but what I have seen in the last few years is everyone is in it for the money. With that disillusionment, I know it is time for me to move on. 

I may look for a contract remote job, but mostly I will concentrate on my writing. I also have a sizeable art room I want to utilize, teach some art classes, but mostly my focus will be on my writing and teaching people how to get published. I also want to get a motivational movement going for artists, writers, photographers, and such to get them to focus on their success. I truly believe if people want something badly enough, all they have to do is focus on it and things will happen. 

I have goals and over the past several years, I realized, if I stay where I currently am, I am never going to reach those goals. I have so much more to offer the world. So much more to do than stay where I am. I am grateful for the path I have taken and the lessons I have learned while on that path. BUT, it's time for me to move on. It's time for me to have a life and follow my passion. 

In my next blog post, I will talk about gratitude and how it needs to be front and center in our lives for us to reach our goals.

Comments

Popular Posts